4 Steps to True and Enduring Riches
'Think and Grow Rich' is one of my favorite books. Napoleon Hill, the author of this book had interviewed many wealthy men during his time and consolidated his philosophy of how to get rich into this book. Among the people whom he interviewed were Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, George Eastman, Henry Ford, John D. Rockefeller and Charles M. Schwab.
According to one of Hill’s popular seminars in 1937, what he considered would constitute true and enduring riches are as following. I found these points when I was looking for Napoleon Hill related information on the Internet and YouTube.
1. A positive mental attitude.
2. Sound physical health.
3. Harmony in human relationships.
4. Freedom from fear.
5. The hope of future achievement.
6. The capacity of applied faith.
7. Willingness to share one's blessings with others.
8. To be engaged in a labor of love.
9. An open mind on all subjects towards people.
10. Complete self discipline.
11. Wisdom with which to understand people.
12. Financial security.
Did you observe that money comes at the end of the list? Did you also observe that almost all of the points are related to taking care of yourself properly and relationships with others?
Consider yourself lucky if:
1. All your family members are healthy
2. You have something to work for to get your monthly salary
3. You have something to add value to the society
4. Have a few close friends with whom you feel free to express anything
I am not
saying that money is not important. I think when there is no money, money
should definitely be 'a' top priority (if not 'the'). Studies show that one of the top 3 reasons
for divorce and family problems
What I want to point out here is put your health (emotional, physical, mental and spiritual) and relationships at the top of your priorities. The rest can be achieved relatively easier.
In other words, rich means ‘abundance’ – abundance of quality time for yourself, abundance of quality time for the important people in your life, abundance of quality time for others whom you love and respect, abundance of quality time for the less fortunate people whom you want to help.
Let us do a simple action exercise. Take your notepad and sit in solitude. Spend about 30 minutes and write your four values.
First – related to your worldly things
Second – related to people around you
Third – related to activities you really like doing
Fourth – related to contributing value to others in a meaningful way
Here is a 4 step plan for myself:
1. Make 3000$/month consistently irrespective of economy situation
2. Spend quality time with family and close friends (like small parties, pot-luck dinners)
3. Spend more time on doing the activities that I really like (writing, photography, enjoying nature and outdoor sports)
4. Contribute some value to others in a meaningful way and earning the respect of people whom I respect
When you write something on paper, you will have more clarity about your ideas. When you have more clarity, you will achieve your goals faster. Don’t believe me? Try this, my friend. It works! All successful people have DEFINITE goals. And do not forget that simplicity is a virtue. The simpler you make the things, the easier it is to get them done.
to Stay Positive and up-to-date. If you are a new visitor, an effective way to use this site is to have Positive articles delivered into your inbox, when added to the site. Subscribe to the free articles (no spam and you can unsubscribe anytime):
You need to click on the activation link in your Email inbox to activate the email subscription. If you do not find it, please check your Spam folder.
Welcome to ComeOnDesis! Thanks for visiting. ComeOnDesis is a site for positive and open-minded young (or young-at-heart) leaders from southern Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc.) who want to share positive information, and provide an opportunity for mutual growth. The foundational principle of ComeOnDesis is to follow the servant-leadership example of the Biblical, historical, and eternal person of Jesus Christ....
Read More >>