I am one of those guys who is ‘late-to-bed
and late-to-rise' most of the times during the working days. Or
sometimes I go for cardio, then rush to my home and get ready to go to
work. So, I was constantly looking for quicker and nutritious
breakfasts and I found this particular breakfast is practical and
well-suited to me (Of course, I have many similar ideas). Hope this
method helps many busy people like you and me. By the way, never ever
miss a breakfast thinking it will help you reduce your weight or out of
laziness because it is not healthy.
I am talking about regular oats that are not processed much. Do not get them confused with the instant oats where they have lots of sugar. You would normally find them in grocery stores in cylindrical tins. I also want to point out that oatmeal is not so appealing to me taste wise when compared to many other tastier (and not healthy) breakfasts. But where there is a will, there are many ways. It can be made tastier with the addition of few dried fruits like raisins, cranberries or cherries or sprinkling some cinnamon.So, are you ready to find out how I make my quick yet nutritious breakfast? Good.
- 1. Choose a convenient bowl for microwaving.
- 2. Take about half a cup of regular oats and put them in this bowl.
(You may get standard sized cups with the markings in many grocery stores at a very cheap price or if you are more particular about this, you may even buy a food scale).
- Pour sufficient amount of water into this and cover it with a plastic plate.
- Microwave for about 100 seconds.
- Wait for a few minutes till it gets down in temperature (in this time, you probably could pack your laptop or tie your shoelace ;) and then add a few dried fruits into it but be careful not to add too many because they contain more sugar.
- Put one scoop of whey protein (use vanilla flavor) into this and stir smoothly with a spoon/fork till it is mixed properly.Caution: Do not microwave along with protein because I heard it may cause protein denaturation.
- Enjoy the tastier, healthier breakfast! And you will feel the energy up all over the morning because of low glycemic index of this particular combination of food that is explained.