Seeing their innocent faces, we forget all our worries. In this busy world, we live a mechanical life without sharing our feelings for our family members, not even spending time with children. However long you may have to live, time with your children is very precious.
Kids want to express their feelings to their parents. But we get busy with our schedules thinking that we are providing all the necessary things to them whereas in reality we are not. We can learn many things from children. For example: patience. This helps us treat others also with more patience. Don’t you agree?
Photo Credit: ^riza^
Children, as they grow observe every act of their elders and surroundings which may be good or bad. Parents should help to sort out good from bad through talking with their children and sharing their feelings with them.
The more unconditional our love is towards children, the more it will help them in having a positive attitude and strong self-confidence.
1. Spend more time with your children and make them feel closer to you. Sharing emotions can really strengthen the bond between parents and children.
2. Do not compare your kids with other kids. Every kid is unique in his/her own way and has his/her creative skills. By spending more time with them, we can find out what are their unique skills and help them grow.
3. Give them a chance to make their own decisions. We need not explain each and every act to them as it makes them more dependent on us. At first, they may do wrong things but eventually they will realize what is good for them.
4. Help them to keep themselves encouraged in bad situations. Their failures are not the end of the world.
5. Encourage them to act in a positive way towards other bullying kids.
6. Ask their feelings and suggestions about the incidents that occurred in your family and surroundings. This makes them feel more responsible.
7. Parents usually search drawbacks in their own children when they notice any talents in other children. Recently one of my aunts said, “See, how those children are singing in a competition while your child is watching TV from morning to night and doing nothing!’. My 5 year old girl started singing in front of me thinking that she can sing. Whether she sings bad or good, we should encourage them. If she feels bad after listening Aunt’s words, I tell her that she is talented in her own way.
8. Don’t criticize your children in front of others. This makes them feel lonely because their own parents are criticizing them. If we do not affirm them, they will look for other ways.
9. Don’t impose superstitious beliefs on your children.
10. If we still get ‘busy’ in our work and do not express our love towards children, they may develop cruel qualities which can affect our society in a negative way. Criminals are not born but they are made.
A Verse from the Bible:
One day some people were bringing infants to Jesus so that he might touch them and bless them; and when the disciples saw it, they sternly ordered them not to do it. But Jesus called for them and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them; for it is to those who are childlike that the Kingdom of the Heavens belongs”. And he took them up in his arms, laid his hands on them, and blessed them.